Thursday 6 December 2007

Whine, whine, whine

I'm not in the best of moods today. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a different coloured scratchplate to snazz up my new bass. I realise that won't mean much to some of you so this is a very similar product. I was very happy - the product I ordered was much cheaper than the one I linked to, I could make my bass look al sexxxy, everything was good.

Except that it arrived today and it doesn't actually fit on my bass. Seriously some of the holes don't even line up at all (matron) and in one place there's a great bloody gap.

This bass has been trouble from the start. My mum noticed slight bumpy bits on the paintwork shortly after it arrived, which I dismissed as nothing to worry about. Then the bottom string went all muted and weird sounding. Then somebody spilt Coke on it at my birthday party. Admittedly that wasn't the bass manufacturer's but it was the penultimate straw and this camel's back is broken. Still, at least I could clean off the dried Coke when I was fruitlessly trying to change the scratchplates.

It's enough to make me never touch a musical instrument again. I've always fancied being in a barbershop group, as it happens.

1 comment:

Chris JC said...

Samples, I tell ya.