Sunday 8 February 2009

Obvious Post Time

Right, to get me back into the habit of writing for this thing I'm going to do something very obvious and write my top records of 2008. It's still early enough in the year to do this, right?

10. Why? - Alopecia
9. Melvins - Nude With Boots*
8. Hercules & Love Affair - s/t
7. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
6. Nice Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
5. The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent
4. Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing
3. Gang Gang Dance - Saint Dymphna
2. No Age - Nouns
1. Earth - The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull

Check out my livejournal post here for some more detail on why I like these albums. Man, I'm just full of links recently, aren't I? But, because I'm nice like that, you can actually have some new content! Yes, the review part 2 teasingly implied by that livejournal. Expect it next, y'all.

* Also winner of my "Obligatory Metal Award" for 2008.

(I expect a comment from Speednik saying he has heard none of these albums)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you writing more! Will we be seeing a "Boy least likely to..." review on here in future weeks, or is that too tweecore for this blog?

Horatio Outside said...

I don't mind a bit of tweecore now and then. If my corrupt uncle can get me a copy I may well review it.

Also - who is this?

Anonymous said...

I've thought about hearing Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! but in the end I couldn't be bothered.

Better sign in as "Speednik" so as not to confuse matters.