Wednesday 11 February 2009

Playing them guitars.

I played some music yesterday, which was nice, as I've been somewhat lax in practising of late. Chris and I had some fun pretending to be an acoustic Cure: I was Simon Gallup, he was a ruddier Robert Smith.

I also got to try out an Ebow, which is a disntictly odd experience. For those not in the know, an Ebow creates an electromagnetic field, which allows notes to be sustained indefinitely and sound like they're being played by, well, a bow. It creates instant ambience, guy!

Some bad news, though: my guitar playing skills have decayed to a bitter husk of what they once were, like a decaying obelisk in an abandoned town, promising only hints of the greatness that it was once built to represent.

Yes, anyway. This is slightly concerning since I have now been contacted by TWO bands, and the inevitable new band fear is starting up again (see here)

God this "update" was boring. I guess something is better than nothing, right?

2 comments:

Chris JC said...

A ruddier Robert Smith?

Right - next time: Def Leppard.

Horatio Outside said...

But I don't know any Def Leppard!

Ruddier, jollier, I had a choice of adjectives.