Monday 9 March 2009

Another Recent Purchases!

I felt I had not bought enough CDs recently so I splurged out (stop laughing at the back) over the last few days, buying of 5 CDs for a shade under £30. Not too shabby, eh?

From Fopp on Friday

Various Artists - Dark Was The Night. AIDS-charity benefit compilation, starring pretty much all the brightest stars of North American Indie. Has some exclusive new tracks from Arcade Fire, Decemberists etc. and also features that David Byrne/Dirty Projectors collaboration I was honking on about earlier.

The Fall - I Am Kurious, Oranj. My 10th Fall studio album. Not a classic of theirs, but it was only a £5, and I am weak. Still seems a decent enough album - like the vaguely ska title track, the muscular "Wrong Place, Right Time", and the springy "Cab It Up!".

Melvins - Stag. I'm a big fan of Melvins, and this is the third of their albums on Atlantic Records (after Houdini and Stoner Witch). Again, not one of their best but has some excellent riffing all the same.


From Oxfam Music, Today.


Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse.
My 10th Sonic Youth album, no less. It's a pretty good one, with long and jam-y songs (which I can get behind).

Stereolab - Margerine Eclipse. Almost certainly won't be as good as the magnificent "Emperor Tomato Ketchup", but seems decent enough all the same. Wanted to own something by them, and it's all for charity, right?

I suspect the number of people who read this will be less than the total number of CDs I bought. Prove me wrong.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Sonic Nurse from what I've heard of it. Good choice!

Can you not do a single blog post without the obligatory self-deprecating comment, silly boy?

Love xxxxxxxxx

Chris JC said...

I count as three people. I'm double wide and I speak for my wife as well. Old fashioned!

Horatio Outside said...

Seb: obligatory self-deprecating comments are my style, guy. If I don't keep 'em the fan(s) will complain.

It was a good choice, because it was the only Sonic Youth there, and it was a cool £4.

Anonymous said...

Wrong.

Horatio Outside said...

Huurah! Thank you, anonymous blogger!

Chris JC said...

"Anogger"