Tuesday 24 March 2009

This Is What I Do With My Time

So at the moment I am frustrated by the fact that, despite the vast number of band opportunities being presented to me, I can't help but notice than I am not in a band as such.

There are actually 6 possible band opportunities I could chase up. What would be excellent is if I could combine a few of them together (as most involve just one other person) into something truly awesome. The bands are as follows:

1. Band from Reading I have mentioned before. Main guy is currently in Canada but things will progress once he is back
2. Irish laptop/keyboards guy who I met for a drink ages ago. I texted him a while back to see what was going on and he claims to have found a drummer. Haven't heard anything since.
3. Bassist friend. We are considering forming a two-bass noise rock band called "Teenage Thunder Crunk". I like this idea.
4. Drummer interested in No Wave bands who wants to gig, record shitty CD-Rs and have fun. Like this idea too. Might work as drummer for Teenage Thunder Crunk.
5. Guitarist friend who I was in a band (The Quatermass Experiment, my very first) with. Potentially wants to make some "slow groovy noise" in the vein of Om. Sounds good to me also.
6. Some band that emailed me yesterday. They sound alright, but are a complete band looking for a bassist.

In other news I was talking to Seb earlier about my perennial fear of never being in a good band. He was reassuring me when I came out with this piece of inspired nonsense:

When I get a potato out, it is the same says:
but the last thing I wrote was a 20 minute funk-dirge made with toy instruments called "Pull on my Hamstrings, Mendelev!"
When I get a potato out, it is the same says:
Pitchfork hated it so much they sent a writer over to my house to punch me in the face
When I get a potato out, it is the same says:
you remember this

Well at least I know I'll make a good ideas person if I were in a band.

Finally, have my review of the Deluxe Edition of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" (http://www.audioscribbler.co.uk/reviews/9805) as I'm really quite proud of it's savage indictment of reissues.

No comments: