Friday 13 March 2009

Reviews, News, Stews and Montagues.

I've not being doing a whole load of reviewing lately, due to being in a bit of a grump, but a couple of things have been uploaded of late.

Borderville - Short Sharp Shock http://www.musosguide.com/?p=2826

Love Is All - A Hundred Things Keep Me Up At Night http://www.musosguide.com/?p=2401 (First one on the page. I wrote this ages ago and didn't think it would get published but I'm quite pleased with it).

Excellently, the guy from Borderville found the review and contacted me to say thanks, ask if they could use it, and if I would like to review the album when it came out. This pleased me muchly, as he said I got what the band were all about, and I feel like I'm doing something good for Oxford music, albeit from afar.

In other news I am going to alternative music festival ATP, which has an excellent line-up (here). I also get 5 choice for another band to play, and I am fretting about not wasting my votes.

Aah, ATP is best fesitval. There's nothing quite like seeing an experimental noise band in a bingo hall at a holiday camp.

No comments: