Tuesday 3 March 2009

My newest favourite band

Is Cardiacs (not "The Cardiacs", I'd like to make that very clear), who are often described as "prog-punk", even though that's clearly stupid, and who have been headed since 1976 by singer/all round talent Tim Smith.

Now the guy who introduced me to them said they were the type of band one could get obsessed over, and I can definitely feel the first tugs of obsession, so I am going to try to infect someone else with Cardiacs-love. Now, have some videos.



"Dog-Like Sparky" off the album Sing To God. Something fairly accessible and catchy to start you off. And, at the opposite end of the spectrum, an amazing rehearsal of the song "Gibber and Twitch", as heard on The Special Garage Concerts, Vol I. Prog-nuttery ahoy!



Don't say I didn't warn you. Obsession awaits.

No comments: