Saturday 7 March 2009

New Band Smell

Soooo I had my second practice/jam thing with the guy from Reading last night (Thursday).

All in all, I'd say it went very well. We were mainly working on two particular songs that he had sent me and by the end we'd got both of them pretty much worked out, and I think I came up with some pretty good ideas. He even said that I sounded more confident this time and seemed genuinely pleased with what I was playing. Best of all, it was actually fun playing, and I got to that excellent point where you feel the music, rather than consciously think about it.

On the way back to Reading station he told me that he had met about 10-15 potential bassists, but had only jammed with 3 people (myself included). He said (and I appreciated his honesty) that we were all good bassists and nice people, and that he genuinely had no idea who he would pick for the band. He did promise we'd have another practice at some point, though.

In a way I wouldn't mind too much if I don't get picked. To know that I was one of the most promising people he'd met is very pleasing, and the whole thing has been pretty confidence-boosting. I'd also feel reasonably content that I could get a pretty good project of my own going. Having said that, I think I would definitely enjoy being in the band a lot. We shall see.

1 comment:

Chris JC said...

Wicked. Any home based projects, I'm happy to assist with. Not, like, being in them as that would be desperately middle aged of me but in a technical capacity.