Wednesday 21 November 2007

December Me

Ahhh, I *heart* The Decemberists.

Yesterday my long-awaited copy of "Her Majesty the Decemberists" arrived, although the case was pretty badly cracked which, in an odd way, almost seemed more fitting.

Anyway I've given it a couple of listens and so far it seems to fall somewhere between the relatively straightforward folk-rock of "Castaways and Cutouts" and the bizarre theatre of "Picaresque". Which is no bad thing.

It's also not massively gripped me as yet but I'm not worried. "Castaways and Cutouts" took a few listens for me to get really into it (and I really love it now) and I get the impression "Her Majesty..." is a bit of a grower.

To listen to after that: Sunset Rubdown and the new Broken Social Scene. Yuss. This week will be a good week.

No comments: