Tuesday 27 November 2007

Politics Rocks!

No, I'm not going to go on a polemic. But those of you inside Oxford, and a good deal of you outside it I should imanige, will be aware that the Oxford Union (basically a private members' debating club) recently invited BNP leader Nich Griffin and holocaust-denying historian David Irving to speak, to huge amounts of protest.

Instead of adding to the debate on the topic, which has been more than plentiful, I have decided to compile a playlist to commeorate the occasion. Because I'm like that. So far I have:

Sonic Youth - Youth Against Fascism
Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off!
Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thing
Devo - Freedom of Choice
The Fall - Who Makes The Nazis?
DAF - Der Mussolini
The Clash - White Riot

I was going to include "Fairies Wear Boots" by Black Sabbath, but apparently it's not about Geezer Butler having a run-in with skinheads after all. Shame.

All the other ideas I have are pretty tenuous. Anyone got any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the Perfect Circle cover of Freedom of Choice? I don't know the original, but their version is awesome

x Selena