Tuesday 27 November 2007

Old Slut on Junk

Yep, same work situation as last week, hence the lack of activity recently. But I'm for Christmas now so expect more regular updates! (I anticipate collapsing under the weight of apathy that last sentence will cause.)

Anyway something bizarre has started happening to me recently. The Pogues "Fairytale of New York" has started making me go all gooey and emotional whenever I hear it. I should point out I've only heard it because the guy next door has been playing the best of The Pogues pretty loudly, not because I've started the Christmas merriment absurdly early.

Now is far too early to discuss Christmas songs (also it's quite a dull topic) but it's an interesting development nonetheless. It almost certainly marks my gradual transformation to a complete wuss. However the Baroness (psychedelic prog metal) CD arrived yesterday so that should toughen me up a bit.

Also, with my listening to "Ask" by The Smiths and "(Nothing But) Flowers" by Talking Heads a lot this week I seem to have caught the "feat. Kirsty MacColl" fever.*

Anyway, sorry for the slightly rambling post. I'll try and thing of something more focused and interesting, like my Covers special last week, to post about.


*fever not recognised by World Health Organisation.

No comments: