Tuesday 20 November 2007

Under The Covers Part. 2.

Yes, that's right it's my first multi-part blog. My blog is the blog equivalent becoming a prog-rock album. You just wait till my "blog suite"; an extra-long post comprised of multiple interlocking sections.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I promised you hot, sexxxy covers-o-chat and I'm not going to go back on my promise.

My first band went by the name of The Quatermass Experiment (I'm doing that thing where I talk about my personal experiences now - do you remember me mentioning that some posts earlier? If so, thanks for paying attention). Because we were, shall we say, not excellent at writing our own material covers seemed the obvious way to go. Some of them worked pretty well - Mission of Burma's "That's When I Reach For my Revolver" became a live staple and I think we rocked British Sea Power's "Remember Me" pretty well. We did Darts of Pleasure (Franz Ferdinand), Where Is My Mind? (Pixies, like you needed me to tell you) and Sweater Song (Weezer) pretty competently on a number of occasions, mainly because they were so easy.

However the list of the covers we screwed up, or the ones we practised or mooted playing but never performed reads like a depressing catalogue and failure and inteptitude. So many and so various were they that I'm left with no option but to list them, arranged from roughly the most played to the least. Since this post is already pretty wordy I may continue this onto a third part. For this I am truly sorry. I guess I just got a lot to say.

Don't go anywhere, now! You wouldn't want to miss the exciting finale!

No comments: